Monday, April 20, 2009

You people are all up very early

So there is a 1 hour change in time between Georgia and Armenia. It's one hour FORWARD. I went to bed last night and planned on getting up early - around 6:30. Figured I would get some work done and then explore the city since I don't have to go to the first set of meetings today.

So today I got up at 6:30, knowing that I have to meet with the person arranging our schedules at 9:15AM in the lobby just to say hello. I got showered and dressed and went to breakfast. About halfway through my breakfast I got a message that there was a message at the front desk for me. Thought it was strange, but probably that my travel partner was up early and tried calling my room and nobody answered. After surfing the internet for a little bit on my phone while eating I realized that things were happening that were not supposed to have happened based on the time I thought it was. So I looked outside and on the big clock in the middle of the building across from the hotel is a clock that say 9:40. Oops. Apparently I had set my clock back instead of forward, so it was actually 8:30 when I woke up. I missed meeting with our contact here, and am now two hours behind schedule.

I'm trying to catch up on my reading now this morning so I can go explore a little bit of the city before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment