Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Novel

The car hasn't stopped shaking for the last 15 minutes. Between the cobbled roads, potholes, and vodka I'm starting to feel sick and have a headache. The Russian conversation going on - back and forth between the driver and the other to people in the car - doesn't make matters any better. I can only imagine they are talking about something work related since they haven't pulled over to kill me yet. Once in a while I can make out a word or two. Either they are talking about the food we just had, or trying to compare what they think I might taste like to something they all know.

I think I have the beginnings to a great book here. I could also write something about the fact that room service has apparently thrown out (or stolen) the banana I left in my room this morning but I'm not going to make a big deal of it.

It's quarter to 11 and I am just getting back home from a dinner we left at 630 for. I've essentially been working and out of the hotel from 11 to 11 today. Dinner was good but most of of was fried or baked. Baked would be bad, but when they encourage you to drink the juice (read: fat from the beef) in the dimpling type thing it isn't really that healthy. Oddly I've grown an appreciation for cucumbers since this trip started because they are everywhere and as it turns out don't taste that bad afterall.

I'm going to bed now so I can be up in eight or so hours. I don't know how I could reasonably be expected to try to do any work and consolidate my notes right now. Hopefully I'm taking good enough notes now so that I can do my work later.

1 comment:

  1. It seems to me the key to your headache and sick feeling was the vodka.....do they drink it like water?

    ReplyDelete