Thursday, April 23, 2009

Damn you coffee house!

While I was gone a few really interesting things happened in Kiev. One of them is called spring. The day I left the trees around town were just starting to get their buds, so when I came back everything was green. Kinda a shame I missed it really. The tree outside my window is the same, meaning if there is a fire and I need to jump out the window for safety it's going to be much harder to now reach anything to grab onto.

Secondly, the coffee house I usually study and do work at got free wifi (as opposed to the pay to use it kind). While this seems like a good thing (and it is), it's going to decrease my productivity, while also increasing it. Being able to do research from there will be nice, but being distracted by things like stocks, news, and the hamster dance will probably slow down my work flow. Then again, there are studies that say taking 5 minute internet breaks increase productivity around the office.

1 comment: