Friday, April 24, 2009

I love it when people blame me for their problems

Really not happy about a conversation I just had. My travel partner (who didn't return my emails or phone calls yesterday and today) sends me a text at 1245 telling me she will be in her hotel lobby til 1 and if I can bring by the money I owe her. At this point I had just gotten some tea at the coffee house and was really in a focused work mode. After some testing she says she will have the driver swing by my apartment.

I asked her why she didn't return my phonecalls or emails and she said her Internet doesn't work at her hotel and that the phone she is using here has no money. But that she was at the office until 730 last night which I know had working Internet. My last email to her yesterday was at 5. I asked her why she didn't reply to my emails then and she replies with why didn't you call the hotel since everyone else from DC did. Because apparently it's my responsibility to call her cell phone, email her, and call the hotel when I need to talk to her. So it's my fault that I missed the visit to the lab yesterday and didn't know that she was waiting for me to contact her this morning. Right.

Yeah mom I know, humility and whatnot.

5 comments:

  1. Well Mike, I am glad that your ears actually hear me. And..... my advice doesn't cost you a thing. Love ya, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always had a very finely honed sense of justice, Mike. And not to be preachy, but remember.... blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy. I'll bet dollars to donuts (Euros to pain au chocolat?) that your Mama loves this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sometimes you just have to break a bitch in half"

    - George Washington

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt, why don't you ever call me? We are in adjacent zip codes and yet I talk to your brother more than you. We can hang out at the lady bar!

    ReplyDelete