Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Well that's swell

I just got an email from the embassy - this is the main part of it:

"Recently, private U.S. citizens resident in or visiting Kyiv have reported seven violent criminal assaults and robberies directed against foreign nationals by a gang of street criminals. These reported activities have occurred in and around the areas surrounding O’Brien’s Pub and the Hyatt Hotel in Kyiv."


Basically what it says is that the bar I go to all of the time, and the area where I live is where this has possibly been happening. To be honest, I'm sure part of it had to do with St. Patricks day this week where there was an outstanding supply of drunk English speaking foreigners in the area to rob. Anyways, I'm off to go study - pretty much in the area it just described.

No comments:

Post a Comment