Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday = Snow/Rain

Seriously, every single Saturday (and usually Sunday) it either snows or rains here. I know this for a fact because typically every Saturday I try to go out and I'm always debating between wearing somewhat nice shoes or my waterproof boots. EVERY SATURDAY. It's snowing and raining today. I knew this would happen though, so I took yesterday off from work since it was 'warm' and around 43. The other reason for that is that I have work that has to get done this weekend. There are around 12 presentations that had to be submitted by Friday - I've received 8 (exactly what I expected actually - 66%) I'm getting ready to go chill at the coffee shop and page through them and make notes. I briefly looked at a few of them, and one stood out from the rest. I'm fairly sure someone else with a business background made the presentation because there are 10 additional pages of financial documents, science and technology background, and other information in an appendix. The other 7 can't come up with enough business language to fill the 10 slide template out - let alone make 10 pages of an appendix. Quite frankly I don't even know what the product is, but I'd assume that team will win some money for the simple fact that they have their 'stuff' together.

This weekend I'm going to try to get my hair cut. That should be fun. I've found a few pictures of my hair how I want it, and we'll just have to see how that goes. I think before I go I'll look up a few words and phrases - shorter, longer, don't cut my ear off, how much, and 1.5 centimeters.

6 comments:

  1. Mike, You don't need a picture if you start that mullet. You can just point to some one waiting around. The only word you'll need to learn is "same".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, your dad is right. The mullet is just starting to come in to fashion in the Ukraine, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. same weather here by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do send a picture of your new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike, I did a little searching for you... Please consider this before you get that haircut.

    The Russian mullet is not like the Western mullet. It lacks irony and it is here to stay. Infecting cities, towns, and villages alike, the Russian mullet signifies style and sophistication. It's mutated into several sub-species, depending on your social class.

    There's the "Manager Mullet," the most popular of all. This is a low-key moderate mullet in which the back-fin extends just a bit down the neck. It's almost an I-don't-really-have-a-mullet mullet, or an I'm-making-my-best-mullet-attempt-even-thought-I-don't-have-time mullet.

    Stand outside of any Moscow club, and you're bound to see the ever-popular "Fag Nation Mullet": buzz-cut on sides, hair gelled into a rooster fin on top, and a long tail of messy curls in the rear. The more flamboyant ones even have razor designs in the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, didn't see the "--- Nation Mullet." Did not mean to offend anyone.

    ReplyDelete