Tuesday, March 3, 2009

18 vs 18

Apparently there is a difference between the trolleys numbered 18 and the buses numbered 18. The 18 bus goes along the road of my apartment, the 18 trolley does not. I found this out after riding the 18 trolley from one end of its route to the other. I eventually got off at the road I needed to be on, but further away from home if I had just walked from where I got on the thing in the first place. I'll check later, but I'm fairly sure I covered 9 miles today.

Bobby, regarding your comment about shorting things here - the Ukrainian stock market is down about 80%, and the currency about 40% to the dollar. So I think you missed the boat on that trade. The projections are that the GDP could be down by as much as 12% this year though, so there is certainly more room for it to fall.

I'm going to pass out now. My body hurts. Also, it probably was a bad idea to wear yesterdays socks today with all the walking I did.

1 comment:

  1. You are killing me........... How are your new boots holding up, and of course your feet. I bought you 12 new pairs of socks before you left. Have they fallen off your balcony while drying??
    So.... will you be using Bus number 18 in the near future? Maybe it goes by the grocery store too.
    LTY Mama

    ReplyDelete