Sunday, March 22, 2009

Note to self

If I ever start working in an R&B dj group with a black guy do not let us name the group black and white. Also don't let us try to rap over almost every song we play. I'm fairly certain I am going to pay the ten dollars to go to the club upstairs before the night is over since R&B night or more like Karaoke night for these two DJs.

Sigh...


UPDATE: So I tried to go upstairs but I couldn't get in. I'm not sure if they didn't have change (not likely), were full (not likely), or it was because I wasn't a girl (bingo!). I went back to the floor I was on and eventually found some people who spoke some English so I stayed for an hour or so more before I left.

I eventually came home and watched the end of the basketball games. I felt quite dirty as I was watching Duke and wishing they would lose because I hate them but hoping they would win for my bracket. They can lose the next round to Villanova now though - which means I can express all sorts of hatred for them in next weekends game.

It's Sunday. I have some work that I thought I was going to do this weekend but it may not happen. I have to spend a bit of time cleaning up my apartment - as it's gotten pretty messy over the last 5 weeks. Also, Sunday is a part of the weekend, and I really don't feel like working today.

4 comments:

  1. Just call your group Ebony and Ivory. Also, if you need a female rapper (like M.I.A.), just let me know. I can do most of Kanye and Jay-Z and some Tupac and Dre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where were you when my dad was breaking and throwing out my Tupac and Eminem CDs as a kid? They would have listened to you trying to defend it more than me. Then again they had a problem with Metallica so I can imagine that Tupac pushed a little too far. Speaking of which, how my mother could go from seeing Alice Cooper in concert to getting all worried about Metallica is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your father did that to you - what a crime! You can hang out with Kam for your love of Metallica. He went to their concert last year. As for your mother, let's just say that I have had enough girls nights with your mom to know that she is capable of anything.

    ReplyDelete