Monday, March 2, 2009

Head in the sand

There are a lot of things I miss since I don't speak the language here. One on particular is just how bad things are in the country. After doing some fairly basic research I've found that it would have been better to keep my head in the sand. Either today or tomorrow I think I will head down to the ATM and take out about 1500 in local currency just to keep it under my mattress - not literally, I'll hide it somewhere else. Apparently the economy here is worse than I thought, people are getting laid off faster than they are in America, and the country really is on the edge both politically and economically.

And for somewhat more upbeat news... I found out this morning that my bowls are apparently not dishwasher safe. By 'found out' I mean that they seem to have both warped and cracked in a few different places. I had 4 bowls, and now I have two.

3 comments:

  1. I thought there was some sort of economic bailout plan coming from the EU that would benefit Eastern bloc countries most of all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, now i must find some Ukranian stocks to short. Got it...Beverly Hills, here I come.

    ReplyDelete