Wednesday, February 4, 2009

You should save sick days until atleast your second week

After eating my dinner i went to a coffee shop and studied Russian for a few hours. Afterwards I went home and watched Heroes and 24 before going to bed. I woke up a few times during the night (not uncommon considering these beds) and didn't feel great. In the morning when I got up to shower I knew something was wrong. Apparently my body didn't agree with my food, or something else was going on.

I fought through it and tried to go to my meetings today. Between the cold sweats in the metro, going to the bathroom about 5 times in a 2 hour period, and the fact that I looked pretty pale - one of the ladies I was meeting with told me that it would be better if we wrap things up and I get home. I felt bad about it and wanted to keep going, but I really couldn't argue with her. So, I took a taxi home and basically slept all day today. I feel better but have a terrible headache. Finally, as a result of the sleeping and laying around all day - it's not 10:35 and I'm not tired at all.

2 comments:

  1. wait till you get ahold of the kind of food you are forced to stomach in Eurasia!!!! Why do you think Vodka is always served?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the nice girl at the desk give you some Tylenol? Hope you feel better today. LTY, Mama

    ReplyDelete