Sunday, February 15, 2009

10/10

I'll keep this fairly PG. I went out tonight to try to go to a club. I got lost, walked all the way back home to look for the address, went back there and found a line that was crazy. I knew I wasn't going to wait for the 1-in 1-out to get short enough that I could figure out what was going on. However, I waited 15 minutes before I left because I couldn't stop looking around at the girls.

I've gotten a lot of questions about the women of Kiev, and I've had a fairly good idea of my thoughts up to this point. Nobody is really overweight, and anywhere you go you are bound to find a beauty. Tonight at the club was different though. I felt like I was in some sort of Hollywood movie or at some Italian fashion show. The concentration of insanely hot girls here is unfair to the rest of the countries in the world.

On a rather unrelated note, I went to the local Irish Pub/gringo bar and met some interesting people. One in particular is a teacher at a school for children of ambassadors and diplomats. She's been here for a while. This conversation is worth mentioning because I asked her if she spoke the local language and it turns out she knows exactly what I'm going through with not being able to find a private tutor. She asked for my email address and was going to forward me the info of the person she's been taking lessons from. Apparently she 'only' has time during the middle of the day. That's fine with me so if things work out I'll be okay. She said its 35 for 1.5 hours, so I can probably afford to take two lessons a week.

4 comments:

  1. This will make your search for a Russian mail order bride that much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, Thanks for sharing your wisdom with Mike. Your are his true friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, Sarah. Not to mention, living in Kiev, you'll save some money on postage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Michael's former babysitter, so I am qualified to pick out a bride for him. Pat, I won't let you down!

    ReplyDelete