Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hi it's FedEx. Would you mind waiting around all day for us?

FedEx called me today. Technically they were calling me back since they called yesterday and the conversation didn't go anywhere since the only Russian I can speak is, "Do you speak English?" (Actually I know more than that, but that's not the point of this story.) It was about 11 AM. The lady asked my address to double check, and then asked if I could be there until 5 PM to wait for my package.

!!

So much for all of the things I planned on doing during the day like ...buying food. Fortunately I realized that I didn't give them the information they needed to get into the apartment - they can't without an RFID chip. I had Oleksiy call them and let them know that they would have to call me when they were here. He called back a little bit later saying they would be there within 2 hours.

About an hour later they showed up. So now, after I started working on other things thinking I would be here all day, I'm going to go try to do the things I originally wanted to do today.

Apparently the Sputnik is in the process of being fixed too. I got a call telling me to put the TV on channel 46 and wait 20 minutes. It's been about an hour, so maybe by the time I get back it'll be working. Who knows...

1 comment:

  1. You can't just post things like "RFID chip" and "Oleksiy". We don't understand your Russian yet. If you put cheese on the pretzels, now you have a meal. LTY, Mama

    ReplyDelete