Monday, February 16, 2009

Mail Order Success

A few points of interest today. Apparently my dishwasher wasn't plugged in. Now it is. Sputnik is apparently not working properly and that is why I can't get it on the TV. I can now get to the menu though. I got the key to my mailbox today. This is important because now I can order a bride and not worry about not being able to get her out of my mailbox. Lastly, apparently sometime this week I'm going to get the wifi put in so I can move my laptop somewhere other than my bedroom.

I was going to work today but that didn't work out. Tomorrow I am going to head to the embassy and then do some work. Wednesday I am going into the CRDF office here for a short period of time just to introduce myself.

I'm off to get some dinner. I didn't go to the grocery like I wanted today since I was waiting around for the landlady to come today. I don't have much food in the house besides pretzels and some bread at the moment, and I really don't feel like going to get whatever was left over from the day. Since stuff is delivered in small portions and fresh (from the gulags) every day it's definitely important to go early if you want to get what you are looking for.

4 comments:

  1. It would suck to order a bride and then not be able to get her out of the mailbox. Let's call your bride Anya for now, though your mother might kill me soon if I keep encouraging you. Send me some vodka - my birthday was last week and I need something in which to drown my old lady sorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say...I'm lovin the updates! You know you have to learn to love sour cream now, right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bread and pretzels, sounds like all you need is the Vodka to have the breakfast of champions, Ukrainian style. And Mike, where is Ms. Anna Koval from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, You will be able to have vodka on 3-20.

    ReplyDelete