Friday, May 1, 2009

What a wasted day

Two wasted days actually. Yesterday I had a few things planned. One involved getting my visa to Kazakhstan. It turns out that the consular services are only open from 9-12. I found this out at 12:30. Then, later in the day as I was about to go out to run some errands I got a phone call from the post office. After getting to someone who spoke English I found out that they were coming to drop something off to me. (Sarah?) I assumed that meant soon, or even during the day. After waiting outside for about an hour, I went back to my apartment, waited another hour until it was around 5:30 and I figured they won't be coming anytime soon. It's a national holiday both today and Monday, so I figure I won't hear anything about that again until Tuesday. Maybe I'll try picking it up from them.

And then there is today. As I said - a holiday. So after being 75 and sunny for the last 6 days, it rains today and isn't going above 60. I'm almost tempted to work just because I don't exactly feel like walking around in the rain outside. Actually I will work today - I have about $3600 worth of charges on my credit card from the last trip that I need to be reimbursed and I still need to itemize all of the charges. But other than that, I'm celebrating whatever it is the people are celebrating here. All I know is that it used to be a big soviet holiday, which is why the anti-capitalism rally is today.

4 comments:

  1. You haven't given me your address, so it isn't from me, nor have I made arrangements with your handler, Vaughn. Don't forget that Cinco de Mayo is Tuesday, and the Derby is tomorrow. Try to find some margaritas Tuesday and some mint juleps tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. So who sprung for the mail order Bride?

    ReplyDelete
  3. we've got to come up w/ another name besides, "travel partner".

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, fine. It was me. I sent him a mail order bride. Her name is Katya.

    ReplyDelete