Monday, May 4, 2009

Media Pandemic

First off, I was wondering why Katya at the bar had been talking to me so much this last week. Thanks for that Sarah.

Second, Mexico says that they feel this flu thing has peaked on the same day that the WHO implies they are going to raise their alert scale to 'pandemic'. I think as of today the amount of people who have died from the h1n1 flu is around the people who die every year from stubbing their toe. (Yes, I realize that Mexico has a level of credibility that the WHO could only aspire to.)

Third, I'll see what I can come up with as a better name for 'travel partner'. How about I call her my Russian Sherpa?

Fourth, and finally, I worked for a little bit today even though it's a holiday. I've realized that I don't really 'get' holidays since I have an obscene amount of work that needs to get done and as long as it's completed nobody really cares when I work.

Regarding my work, I've recently started to realize the scale of what I need to do and I'm not sure exactly how to even approach it. I've been trying to do little things here and there, but I'm still not really getting to the big part that I need to dive into soon.

1 comment:

  1. No problem, Mike. It's my job to act as your big sister, even when you are thousands of miles away. I feel like "sherpa" indicates some sort of woman who may or may not have a lot of facial hair and could hollow your body out with her thumb and live inside your carcass if it really came down to it....sort of like the Donner Party. There must be some sort of Alias reference we can come up with. Or we could just call her "Donner" like the party, and like what your mom calls my mom.

    ReplyDelete