Monday, May 25, 2009

I ran out of water

Yesterday when I went to the grocery store I forgot to pick up a jug of water. I realized it about 10 seconds after I left and didn't feel like going back in. I figured that I would stop by on my way back from walking around the city and doing some work. Not realizing the store closed at 4, I showed up at 4:05.

So yeah, I pretty much had all evening to go get water somewhere, but I didn't want to go back down to the main street. I've been told that you can boil the tap water here and it's okay, but I don't know if you can boil away the unholy amounts of chlorine that are in the water here. I'd rather not find out. So, I had a glass of Jack Daniels with my egg and cheese dinner sandwich last night.

I'll have a banana for breakfast and head down to the store afterward. From there - I don't know. It's Memorial Day ....in America. I think I'm just looking for an excuse to not work. I leave on Friday for quite a trip and probably will need to spend a day preparing for that - packing and laundry and such. Not today though, especially if I take the 'holiday'.

No comments:

Post a Comment