Thursday, July 30, 2009

Quite frankly, I don't understand.



Saw this sign in the bathroom of the coffee shop the other day. I honestly don't understand what the problem is with throwing the toilet paper into the toilet. One of the things that has impressed me the most about this country is the incredible sucking power of the toilets here. I won't go as far as to say they are uncloggable (I'll wait until my brother visits to say that), but they certainly are built for strength. That said, I don't understand why people are being encouraged to throw their dirty toilet paper into the garbage can next to the toilet. I don't want to see that, plus it smells like, well, shit.

A few years back I stayed in a hostel that had a similar sign up, but it was because they were recycling the ...stuff. I'm all for saving the planet, but the idea of my Starbucks coffee cup, which is made of some percent of recycled paper, coming from recycled paper with someones shit on it just goes too far.

2 comments:

  1. That was more than I needed to know about Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So maybe a writer is not what you should be, but you surely would make a great comedian who sells his act by writing it. Thanks for giving me a good laugh today. Sarah, Matt loves you, he wouldn't care.........

    ReplyDelete