Thursday, July 2, 2009

Crazy Lady II

So after the old lady talked to and subsequentially drank some of her iced coffee yesterday she left. About 15 minutes later I saw her in the parking lot talking to a young woman who was coming into Starbucks. It looked like she was offering her drink to another person. After the young woman came in I asked her what the older lady said to her and it was something along the lines of “Life just keeps getting better.” My guess is she spiked her drink with something.

Jump forward 12 hours and I’m back at Starbucks sitting in the same seat. Out of the corner of my eye comes the exact same lady – same clothes and same two duffel bags over her shoulders. She still had the large plastic cup in her hand from her drink last night. So in she comes to Starbucks and gets in line again. I’m wondering if she gets a discount for being homeless, or spends her change on frappachinos. I suppose that’s better than booze. Anyways, she hasn’t asked me if I want to sample her drink yet today. Actually, I don’t see her in the line anymore. Maybe she’s showering in the ladies room.

No comments:

Post a Comment