Friday, June 5, 2009

Time Travel

Admit it, there have been times when you wished there were more than 24 hours in the day. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about making the day longer. Right?

Wrong. I've found a solution to this problem. I'll be chasing the sun tomorrow. I leave my hotel in 3 hours to go to the airport. I'll be flying from Uzbekistan to Istanbul, have a 3.5 hour layover, take an 11.5 hour flight to New York (JFK), have another 3.5 hour layover, then fly to Cincinnati and land on the same day - 27 hours later. That's right. 27 hours in the day. Time travel in its finest.

I should be up in the air for 19.5 hours tomorrow. Considering I'll be flying against the rotation of the Earth, I wonder if there is a way to quantify the amount of distance I'll travel due to the rotation of the planet instead of the jet propulsion related to the 3 airplanes I'll be on. In all I will be flying about 8950 miles to get to Cancun. 10 time zones. Should be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment